Listen to the Audio
Read the Notes
How Do You Recognise the Capacity of a Leader and Help Them Move Beyond It?
- People start talking about their own limitations.
- Be careful, because God chooses the weak things and those with misgivings.
- Most of us struggle with this.
- Hitting a ceiling may be a ‘death’ but can bring you through it and ‘raise you’.
- There is a Biblical principle of growth – and this often happens when we face challenges we have never faced before.
- Terry tends towards ‘They will grow into this’.
- It can be an internal thing that we tell ourselves first.
- It can be to do with flair in the gift area.
- It is also character – are you reliable and do people trust you at your word?
- How do you handle your vision when there is a setback?
- Abandoning plans and forming new ones isn’t necessarily leadership.
- The ability to inspire is an important thing.
What Place Is There For Jonathan-like ‘Have a Go’ Adventure?
- Terry was stirred by William Carey’s statement: “Expect great things from God, attempt great things for God.”
- In the thesaurus, for attempt is listed, ‘take a risk’ and ‘try your luck’
- Saul was stuck and had his eyes off God when he was defeated.
- Joshua and David also experienced defeat but their response was to turn to God.
- Jonathan never forgot who the people of God were and who the enemy were.
- There are real reasons for believing God wants us to win the battle.
- His vision was much bigger than what was in front of his face.
- He wasn’t dragged down by his father’s lack of faith.
- He wasn’t crazy but he knew God’s plan.
- There was an echo in the heart of those near him.
- He takes a step from faith to certainty as he moves forward.
- He goes with hope and it clicks into faith.
- Sometimes we don’t cultivate our hope enough.
- Out of hope, faith can grow.
How Do You Discern When a Word From God Is Just For You as a Leader and When It Is For Everyone?
- You don’t cease to be an individual but when you are carrying and caring for the saints, you pray in different worlds.
- Sometimes things come to you individually, but the implications will be broader if you are a leader.
- It is often the context in which you are praying and the area you are trying to get resolution.