Listen to the Audio
Read the Notes
Leaders and Teams
- Teams do gather to leaders.
- It happened with David and his Mighty Men – these guys weren’t pushovers.
- It is the Holy Spirit that does it.
- In the early days of Newfrontiers, Terry faced a lot of criticism – and it was hugely enriching to have a team of people whose hearts were there.
- There should be nothing that can’t be said in a team meeting – disagreement in the room is good (it’s much better than agreement in the room followed by disagreement in the corridor afterwards).
- You don’t want people to be treading on eggshells around you.
- You want there to be firm friendships in the team.
- When there is a central team who then take things out to other teams, everyone on that central team needs to be able to explain the decision that was made in the room.
- Keep talking about it until you agree – even if that agreement eventually comes down to ‘you’re the leader of the team, and we will trust you’.
- It is important not to let cynicism creep into the team.
- Sometimes you need to make a call straight away, other times it is better to wait and pray.