Listen to the Audio
Read the Notes
How Do You Recognise the Different Capacities of Different Leaders?
- People change and their gifting can grow – sometimes people grow with the church.
- Other times there are people who have the gift of starting from nothing, and other who can then take it over and have a capacity to grow it.
- We tend to be too numbers-conscious rather than gift-conscious.
- We should highly prize the gift of starting something and it can be better to invite people to do that again rather than getting stuck as it grows.
- It is possible to prize small-church values in the wrong way in a growing church.
- Some people are not built to make the jump to something bigger.
- We should be open to people with specialist gifts being brought in from other spheres.
What Do You Think Are Big Church Values?
- Being here for the city without losing the closeness of the church.
- The church gathering is more than an evangelistic meeting – we do want to win the lost, but this isn’t the main reason that we gather.
- We mainly gather to worship God and meet with him.
- All sorts of things happen then we gather. The glory of God is at stake.
- An over-pastoral emphasis can become too cosy.
- We are not the only answer to God reaching the city – he is working through others too.
- It is about being broader in your vision. Help people be disciples in the city.
- Have a vision that gets into other worlds.
- Team is very important.