Listen to the Audio
Read the Notes
What Is the Balance Between Having Faith and Being Aware of the Costs and Risks of Things?
- It is good to have faith and also to have projections about exactly what things will involve or cost.
- Longevity is a huge asset for you as you start to build trust in your track record.
- One time Terry’s team made an error in working out the costs of something – he had to publicly own the mistake and apologise for it.
- Sometimes we can think of faith as a danger area.
- Faith is not fundamentally about risk – when David charged at Goliath he knew that he would win.
- If you overstate that faith means risk, you can walk God’s people into danger.
- There may be times of risk, but good leadership is not to lead the whole church into risk.
- You can’t lead a movement with longeivity when you are calling it faith but knowing in your heart it is risky.
- It is okay to leave a bit of risk around the edge if there is a core of faith.
- God does confirm – he doesn’t leave you out on a limb.