Listen to the Audio
Read the Notes
Good and Bad Communication
- Goos communication makes us feel engaged, important and builds community.
- All church members should be made to feel engaged through our communication.
- It helps make people feel like part of our church community – it brings people to the centre of things.
- You also want people outside the church to easily understand who we are and be eager to learn more.
- Communication is the responsibility of the church leader.
What Paul Communicates in 1 Corinthians 16
- Connection to a wider church.
- Generosity as a principle – plus details of how to do this.
- An event.
- Apostolic endeavour.
- Warmth and friendship.
- Hospitality and respect.
- Honesty – opportunity and obstacles.
- A hint of an apology – things don’t always work out as we want.
- Building authority into leaders.
- Telling the story of the church.
- Greetings from other churches.
- Connected them into big story with prayer.