Recommended Further Reading and Reflection Questions
Below are some questions to consider and discuss with your church leader or mentor:
- If someone asked you to explain the biblical basis for mission, do you think you’d be able to? What would be the key themes, bible passages or stories that you’d mention?
- What was the most significant thing that you learnt in this module and why?
- Are there further questions that this module raises or that you want to explore?
- Is there anything that you need to do as a next step to apply this?
There are many different books that could be recommended to further explore the topics in this module, however we wanted to suggest two ‘must-reads’.
- John Piper (2010) Let the Nations be Glad (3rd Edition). Baker Academic.
This book gives an excellent biblical foundation to world mission and a clear call for people to go.
- Andy McCullough (2017) Global Humility: Attitudes for Mission. Malcolm Down Publishing.
This book is less focused on the why of cross cultural mission, but on how a follower of Jesus is to enter a new culture with the gospel.